William Watercress Limited (referred to as William Watercress) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1993 as information about an identified individual.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY WILLIAM WATERCRESS
The types of information we may collect include:
- identifying and contact information (for example, your name, address, age, date of birth, gender, and email address);
- if you visit our website, register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, your username and password, IP address, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view);
- other information which you may include in your profile or in other communications to William Watercress; and
- other information that we collect with your consent or where required by law.
We collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of William Watercress's products, to provide you with the products you request, as well as information on other products and services offered by us.
Where possible, we will collect personal information directly from you or a person authorised to provide this information on your behalf. This can be through our website, by email, over the phone or in person. Should we collect your personal information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the third party has obtained your consent to provide your personal information to us.
If you do not consent to the collection and use of the personal information requested of you, we may not be able to provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
If you no longer wish to receive information about us, our products, events or other promotional information, you may unsubscribe by contacting us as described below. For communications sent by e-mail or other electronic means you will also be able to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe mechanism in the message itself.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY WILLIAM WATERCRESS
Generally, William Watercress will use your personal information for purposes connected with our business operations, which may include:
- developing, marketing, selling or otherwise providing products, services or information;
- fulfilling your purchase orders for our products, services;
- providing you with information about us, our products, partnerships, events or other marketing or promotional information;
- maintaining, updating and servicing your account with us;
- maintaining, administering and improving our systems;
- improving our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences and troubleshoot problems; and
- conducting internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and project development.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
We may obtain information about you if you visit our website. This may include your identity, date and time of your visits, number of visits, the type of products and services you view and how you use our website. We obtain information via our website through tracking software. The use of these technologies helps us monitor the effectiveness and functionality of our website and to help understand and optimise user experiences.
We may also use third-party data analytic software (including cookies) in the future and you may request a list of all data analytic software providers that we use from us at any time.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY WILLIAM WATERCRESS
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose or transfer personal information to other persons or organisations including:
- our service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) that provide services on our behalf, for example information technology, mailing, billing, marketing and/or data hosting or processing providers;
- parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of William Watercress or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction; and
- other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
William Watercress takes reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- where permitted by law, destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes for which it was collected.
William Watercress's credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, William Watercress offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorised employees and agents who require access in connection with their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
UNSOLICITED PERSONAL INFORMATION
We don’t usually collect unsolicited personal information.
Where we receive unsolicited personal information, we’ll determine whether or not it would have been permissible to collect that personal information if it had been solicited.
If we determine that collection would not have been permissible, to the extent permitted by law, we’ll destroy or de-identify that personal information as soon as practicable.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us or in writing at:
William Watercress Limited
35 Warwick Avenue
William Watercress will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and, will take reasonable steps to amend any of your personal information which is inaccurate or out of date.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you consider a breach of the applicable privacy laws or your rights in relation to privacy has occurred, you may contact us and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.